Tuesday, December 29, 2009

DIY for the New Year

I have always been the kind of person that has seen something in a store and thought to myself..."hmmmm...I could probably make that."  This thought has turned out to be true only about half the time.  Either I attempt to make it and just don't have the proper tools or skills or I make it and feel pretty pleased about myself.  Then there are the times when I just buy the store version because it just looks really complicated.  I have made a New Year's resolution to make more items for myself and my kids this year.  Clothing, toys, decor, accessories...really there are so many great DIY projects out there that are FREE!  My kinda price. 

Here are a few I will attempt in 2010.  If you are a do-it-yourself type, you should try them too! 

A craft apron for me when I vend at shows - Click Here

A peasant skirt (maybe a kid version) - Click Here

Cool grocery bags...this might be used as totes instead of groceries.  They are too pretty.  - Click Here

This adorable Gigi Giraffe from BurdaStyle - Click Here

There are so many great free pattern resources online.  I love the great tutorials that April at Sew to Speak put on their blog too.  She is so talented! 

If you want to learn to sew in 2010, come take a class at Sew to Speak.  I am teaching Intro to Machine Sewing and Beginner Tote classes each month.  Call or stop by and sign up.....You too can Do It Yourself!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No comments: