Monday, October 18, 2010

Quilt Market.....here I come!

I have an opportunity to go to the International Quilt Market show in Houston, TX that is coming up in 2 weeks and I can't wait!  When I heard about this show for the first time a few years ago I thought, "Quilt Market, really?"  Thoughts came to mind of granny type fabrics and old style quilts that just did not appeal to my creative side.  Although, I admire these quilts and have a few of my own, I didn't think a weekend of viewing them would be any fun.  Boy, was I wrong! 

My pals at Sew to Speak asked if I wanted to tag along this year and having seen their pictures and wonderful fabrics and projects inspired by the Quilt Market, I jumped at the chance.  I am looking forward to seeing some of the wonderful fabric designers and their new lines.  Anna Maria Horner, Amy Butler, Kokka, Heather Ross just to name a few will be there with lovely booths full of handmade goodness.  Yippee! 


No comments: