Thursday, March 6, 2008

Feeling Green!!!

So St. Patrick's Day is right around the corner and it's a pretty big day in my family. I was one of those lucky kids that didn't have to go to school that day. I got to go to the parade downtown and even marched along with my Dad and family members some years. We all meet for breakfast in the morning, don our green carnations (thanks to Favorite Aunt B) and generally have a good time all day long. Since I have little ones, I haven't been able to partake in the festivities as much in the past few years (naps and all), but I know in time I will be able to incoporate some of the traditions that I had growing up and include my kids in these festivities.

To celebrate the wearing of the green... I have several great Irish items:
A patchwork shabby chic shamrock quilt
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=9902760

a Wee Irish minky blanket:
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=7825821


Erin Go Braugh!


Also - a new store has opened up in my neighborhood that I am so excited about. It is called Sew To Speak and is located at 4610 N. High St. I am always looking for new fabric shops (fabric-addict) and this one is so fun. If you are a seamstress or crafter that uses fabric....you must stop in. The proprietress is so nice and helpful. I am even taking a class that is being offered so I can brush up on some techniques. Stop in and support local businesses if you can!!

;)

No comments: