Thursday, October 9, 2008

Aaaa-Ha!!! Yes...finally!

Well today has been a good day. After pleading, bribing and all other forms of coercion....my daughter finally is on the road to potty-training. Yes, to some this topic is gross or mundane, but to us parents that struggle with kids that just don't have any interest in it, this is HUGE I tell you.

I think alot of it was that I needed to be invested in it.... keeping on her, reminding her, etc. Plus, she went commando in the house all morning. I never thought I would do it...but hey - it worked. She just didn't like going on the floor. I don't know how that is different from going in a diaper or pull-up, but to her it was a big deal. So whatever works, right!?

Aahh... freedom from diapers. Now of course there is a whole new set of issues that come along with going every 30 minutes, public restrooms (YUK!) and the unlimited supply of hand sanitizer that I will be buying. But who cares...that is much better than diapers I think.

I have also come up with an idea for my new self-created fabric. I am going to make my little girl (no longer a baby....sniff) a new big girl quilt for her bed. She has been using 2 smaller blankets but now I am going to make a big blanket with her name on it and add some other fabrics to make it all coordinate with her room. Ideas are starting... must go plan the quilt now.

Yippee for milestones in life!!

Thanks for reading.... :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That is a major accomplishment.