Sunday, October 3, 2010

change is good, right?

I love to sell my stuff.  There I said it.  I know that some people are purist and create just because they love to create.  I love it too.  But I also get kick out of seeing someone else loving something I have made.  Seeing first hand someone pick it up and exclaim to the person next to them, "How cute is this?!  I want this."  I just love it.  And this is what I will miss.  I have decided that shows are so time consuming for me at this stage of my life.  I will be scaling back on shows in 2011 (sniff).  I have a few shows left that I have signed up for in 2010 which are: 
  • Saturday, October 9, 2010: Worthington Fall Festival
  • Sunday, October 17, 2010: North Market Artisan Sundays; noon to 5pm
  • Saturday, November 6, 2010: Mark Twain - Westerville Craft Show
  • Saturday/Sunday, December 4-5, 2010: North Market Holiday Show (pending acceptance)
I have missed some family time on the weekends (and several soccer games) and I just feel the need to participate more with my family right now.  I may miss the shows and comaraderie from fellow artisans but I think it's a good decision for now.  So how else can I sell and feel that love from my Baby Gee's customers?  I am going to devote more time to my site which is sadly neglected.  I am going to attempt some more consignment and I plan on sharing my love of sewing by blogging about my patterns and designs.  And now I can actually attend shows and SHOP!  Yay for change!


No comments: