Friday, September 9, 2011

I must have adult ADD or something...

I know I have a list of things that I need to sew and complete... I know!  But then a new book came out this week and my attention was diverted.  Sewing for Boys is co-authored by Shelly Figueroa and Karen LePage and it is chock full of cute boy stuff! I have always enjoyed the Patterns by Figgy so of course I needed to make Sam something.  The Luka Hoodie!

I made size 2/3 and it is a bit big for Sam but he can grow into it.  And to be fair, Sam is a pip squeak and still fits into some 18 mos stuff. 

I love the lined hood the best...sock monkeys!


And a secret pocket...I bet he will like this best. 


I used a knit fabric (pique) for the exterior and most of the liner because it is what I had on hand.  When I make this again, I would choose a cotton quilting weight for the exterior and a softer knit for the interior (just like they suggest...cause they are good like that).  Love it ladies...good job!! 


No comments: