Wednesday, February 8, 2012

What to call it?


I have been teaching a basic tote bag class now for about 3 1/2 years and I have noticed the class wasn't filling up as often as it had in the past.  Time to change things up a bit...for me and for students.  I was going to call it a gathered tote but somehow that does not feel right.  It is a one shoulder strap bag with a round bottom and a drawstring top.  The bottom has a bit of cording around it and the ties have cute little "stops" so the ribbon doesn't come out of the channel very easily.  It reminds me of an old bag I used to carry to college classes that was very hippie.  This one is updated with pretty Amy Butler fabric from the Lark line and a fabric staple I love...full moon dot.   What about Hobo bag?   I kinda like that....





Classes will be at Sew to Speak: Wed, May 23 from 6-9pm and Sunday, June 24 from 9:30am-12:30pm.  Cost is $40 and you will learn how to make cording, straps, drawstrings and liners for bags.