Monday, August 19, 2013

Summer's over...bittersweet

So 2 of my 3 go back to school on Wed, Aug 21.  I have to say I am pretty excited about it.  Them - not so much.  They will enjoy seeing their friends again and the bickering between all 3 of them will subside a bit because they won't be on each others nerves as much. 

My littlest will start preschool in September.  I have mixed emotions about it.  I know he needs school because he is pretty bored with me.  He often asks "who are my friends?" when the older kids have friends over to the house.  He will begin the journey that is school.  Learning, making new friends and eventually needing me less and less.  Now don't get me wrong, that is a good thing.  I want him to be independent and confident and all those things that you want for your kids.  But part of me wants to freeze him as a 4 year old.  His cuteness.....for now, I am still his "mooshie".  I bet when he is 9 he won't call me his mooshie.  His sweetness..."Mommy, you are pretty".  Now who would tire of hearing that?  His neediness at times..."Please hold me." I do really relish these things right now.  And I know that over time, these things that I cherish now will change and morph into other things that I will love just as much.  But he is my baby.  He is my mooshie.  Our days together are changing.  There will be drop offs and pick ups and time apart.  And that is ok.  Sometimes.  So if anyone sees me weeping at preschool drop off, never mind me.  I am just a momma trying to accept the changes. 

No comments: